Website Privacy Statement
At the College of Saint Elizabeth, we are committed to respecting the privacy of our employees and continually improving our web services. This policy will provide users of the College's website the privacy guidelines that are in effect at the College.
Sites within the College's website may link to third party site domains for certain business practices (i.e., ADP for payroll). If you use these links, you will leave the College of Saint Elizabeth website. The College is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such websites. It is important for users to read the Terms of Service and Privacy Policies of any external site visited to understand what your rights and obligations are.
The College of Saint Elizabeth does not collect any personal information unless the employee chooses to provide such information via email or online including inquiry forms, admission applications and/or surveys. Personal information obtained via the website will not be sold to third parties.
The College of Saint Elizabeth complies with federal and state laws regarding privacy, including The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA), which prohibits the release of educational records unless certain conditions are met, and the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) which protects patient medical records and other health information provided to health plans, doctors, hospitals and other health care providers.
What Personal Information Does the College of Saint Elizabeth Hold? How Is It Obtained?
We utilize information for official college business from our student information system (Power Campus) or emergency alert system (Send Word Now) such as:
- Personal name
- Contact information
- Job title (where applicable)
- Mailing address
- Email address
- Home/Cell phone number (if provided to us)
- Other demographic information
Other information that may be held:
- Records of official involvement with the College of Saint Elizabeth (i.e., organization membership, activities joined, service hours)
- Emergency contact information
The College tracks anonymous, aggregated information about opening and click-through responses to HTML email messages using a variety of tools to help us better tailor our communications to the needs and interests of our campus community and visitors.
A universal verifier (LDAP) is used to grant users access to various websites and the LDAP information is stored on a college server in our data center.
- Session cookie – This type of cookie is used to enhance and make more efficient the user's experience during a site visit. Once the user closes the browser, the cookie terminates.
- Persistent cookie – This type of cookie stores a small text file on the user's hard drive for an extended period of time to remember visit activity that will help make subsequent visits more efficient. Persistent cookies can be removed by following the user's Internet browser help directions.
The College may contract with one or more third parties to maintain and host its websites. Information submitted to these sites, including personal information, may be placed and stored on a computer server maintained by this third party. Your use of these websites and any information you submit to the websites constitutes your acknowledgement that such information or content could pass through and may be stored in servers outside of our control and that the College has no liability or responsibility for any such pass-through of information.
Current hosted third-party applications are:
- Marist College (CSE website)
- ACI Worldwide (Business Office credit card processing)
- ADP (HR and payroll system for faculty, staff and students – effective July 1, 2019)
- Akademos (virtual bookstore)
- Blackbaud (Raiser's Edge, College's donation site)
- CampusLabs (EaglesConnect, aka CampusLabs Engage, and Baseline, our survey tool)
- Cashnet (Business Office Tuition Payment Plan)
- College Central (CSE Connects – student career center)
- Digication (the College's ePortfolio system)
- EMMA (the College's bulk mailing lists)
- Endeavor/Patron system (Mahoney Library electronic resources system – discontinuing June 30, 2019)
- FOCUS2 Career (Guides students through education and career assessment)
- Front Rush (Athletics)
- Google Apps for Education (Gmail, Calendar, Docs, Sheets, Slides, Drive, Sites, etc.)
- IA System (Academic Affairs course evaluation system)
- JotForm (Online forms located on the Colleges website)
- Liaison International (student applicant micro-sites)
- Moonami (the College's Learning Management System, Moodle)
- ResNav Solutions (College Time for student employment tracking – effective July 1, 2019)
- PG Calc (vendor used by Institutional Advancement for planned giving)
- SendWordNow (emergency notification system)
- Skillful Communications, LLC (Big Interview for Experiential Learning Center)
- SmartCatalog (Academic Affairs online course catalog)
- SurveyMonkey (Survey tool used by Institutional Research)
- Symplicity (Advocate and Care reporting system)
- Ultimate Software (HR and payroll system for faculty, staff and students – discontinuing June 30, 2019)
- WorldShare library system (Mahoney Library electronic resources system – effective July 1, 2019)
- Zoom (web conferencing system used for classes and meetings)
Third party Hosting Vendors and General Data Protection Rules (GDPR) Compliance
We have confirmed that our third party hosting vendors are either GDPR-compliant or are moving toward full compliance in situations where they might not totally be compliant.
How Does the College of Saint Elizabeth Secure Your Personal Information?
The personal information we collect is stored in databases and files that are protected by passwords, which are required to be changed every 90 days, and firewalls. In addition, online forms used for financial transactions are secured with SSL/TLS encryption technology by our third party credit card processing company to ensure the safety of sensitive information transmitted through them (e.g., credit card information). When credit card information is stored, it is done so only in an encrypted format by our third party credit card processing vendor.
How Does the College of Saint Elizabeth Use Your Personal Information?
- We use personal information to reply to communications you send us.
- We use it to communicate essential information about requests, such as an electronic receipt for a confirmation of an equipment reservation.
- We may use it to send you announcements about news within an organization to which you belong.
- We use it to inform you about College events, programs, and services of potential interest, unless you have opted out of such communications.
- We use anonymous, aggregated data about web site visitors' site usage and technical capabilities as well as about HTML message opening and click-through rates to improve communications.
How Can You Update Information Used by the College of Saint Elizabeth?
How Can You Update Your Personal Information?
- Students – Name/Address/Phone Numbers (students):
- Go to the Office of the Registrar's homepage: https://www.cse.edu/registrar
- Click on the Downloadable Forms link
- Click on the Change of Name/Address Form
- Update your contact information and return via one of the ways indicated on the webpage.
- Employees should contact the Office of Human Resources.
- Emergency Notification Update:
Please visit the following link to update your emergency notification information: https://www.cse.edu/it/emergency-notification
- EaglesConnect Privacy Information Update (including email options and SMS messaging for student organizations/events)
Log in to EaglesConnect
- Click on your name on the top right corner of the screen to open up the side menu
- Click on your name (again) where it says "Account"
- Your profile will open up. Click on Privacy to see what Privacy settings are available to Show or Hide and scroll down to Save Settings.
- Back on the top of the page, click on Notifications to see all email notifications you can receive and the various limitations you can apply, if desired. SMS (texting) notifications are at the bottom of the page for you to opt in/opt out. Be sure to press SAVE at the bottom of this page to save changes made to your Notifications.
- Digication – if there is a desire to make a GDPR request during the time a student is enrolled at CSE, the individual should be sent to the site administrator for CSE, https://support.digication.com/hc/en-us/requests/new. After graduation and having an alumni account, any GDPR requests should be sent directly to email@example.com.