How to Chat Up CSE with Your Classmates
There are lots of ways to break the ice: a phone call or text message, an email, or a social media post.
Below are suggestions for starting conversations to help increase the chances of obtaining a gift for the college.
- "Hello, I am [insert your name], our Class of [insert year] class agent. I help us connect with each other and cultivate engagement and giving."
- "I'm in touch with [insert names of your friends]. Who are you in touch with? Can you reach out to them and encourage them to update their information and follow CSE on social media?"
- "I give back by volunteering as a class agent and making a gift to the annual fund every year. How do you feel comfortable giving back?" (Attend events, mentor, give, etc.)
- "Our goal this year for alumni participation in annual giving is 15%. Can I count on you to give to help us reach this goal? Every gift, no matter the amount, makes a difference."
- "All gifts go to the Annual Fund and support scholarships and academic and extracurricular programming. The College is financially strong, undergoing major campus improvements, and gives scholarships to more than 90% of students."
- "Thank you for doing what you can, spreading the word, and sharing your CSE pride with your classmates and online!"