Delve Into Science!
July 14-19, 2019
Job growth in the sciences is predicted to lead the economy in the years ahead. Why not explore your possibilities during a week-long experiential & fun "science camp" at College of Saint Elizabeth?
Use this week to conduct experiments in our newly-renovated science labs and learn from highly qualified STEM instructors and experts.
Our one-week (Sunday through Friday) academic program will include:
- Lab experiments to test scientific concepts
- DNA lab or biodiesel creation lab
- Visits to nearby STEM facilities and labs, including an urban farm field trip
- Daily STEM research momentum startup sessions
- Health and medical science workshops
- Connections to leading corporations
- Transportation on all field trips
- Residence life experience
- On-campus meals
Supported in part by the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies through the Independent College Fund of New Jersey.
- FREE! $50 deposit is refundable at program's end.
- Current high school juniors
- Minimum GPA of 3.0
- Essay expressing student's motivations and expectations to attend this program (250-350 words)
- Recommendation from principal, guidance counselor or teacher
- Current high school transcript
Deadline for application
- May 15, 2019
(Limited number of seats)
June 15, 2019 with submission of paperwork:
- Confirmation of attendance
- Health forms
- Liability forms
- Confidentiality waivers
Agenda for the Week
Be part of our action-packed week geared for scientific minds!
- A full range of lab experiments with a particular focus on practical applications to the health care field.
- Trips to locations for real world experience in the fields of marine biology and health care.
- Workshops on science writing and other STEM topics.
- Contact with industry speakers who will share their expertise in fields such as power generation, patent law and patent processing.