The College of Saint Elizabeth accepts transfer credits achieved through successful passage of CLEP, TECEP and DANTES academic subject exams. For additional information, please contact your Program Chair/Course of Study Coordinator.
A student with prior work experience that parallels the content of a course in the major program, as determined by the Course of Study Coordinator/ Program Chair may file an application for an exam. Credit by Examination Application Form.
- Applicants may submit a Credit by Examination Application Form after they have been accepted to CSE and are enrolled in classes. Students must be enrolled in a declared or licensure program at CSE.
- Application must be approved by the end of the Add/Drop period in both fall/spring semesters.
- A student cannot use this option to pass a course for which the student has failed, either at CSE or any other institution.
- A student on probation, or who is suspended, may not take such an exam for credit.
- Student obtains a Credit by Examination Application Form from the Registrar's site and provides the information requested. The student begins the application process with the Academic Advisor, Course of Study Coordinator/ Program Chair who, after reviewing the student's academic status for approval, initiates the process, obtains the required signatures. (For CLEP, TECEP & DANTES)
For Theology only, the following procedures will be implemented after obtaining the required signatures on the Credit by Examination Application Form.
- The form is then taken to the Bursar's Office for payment of the appropriate fee. The validated form is then returned to the initial contact person of the Program. A "no show" student for the exam forfeits the fee.
- The notification of students of time and place of the exam, and other physical arrangements are the responsibility of the assigned instructor of the course in the Theology Program.
- The initial contact person for Theology will notify the student and the Registrar's Office of the exam results.
Credit by Examination does not result in a quality grade (A, A-, etc.) and is not included in the calculation of the student's grade point average. The instructor of the course completes the evaluation of the student's exam with a grade of Pass or Fail.
Summary of Prior Learning Credit through PELA and Credit by Examination (CBE)