The combined M.S. in Nutrition/Dietetic Internship Program (MS/DI) is completed in 38 credits. Accepted students complete 20 hours of online M.S. in Nutrition coursework and 18 credits of Dietetic Internship (DI) program-specific coursework, which includes a minimum of 1,200 hours of supervised practice. Students who successfully complete the program receive a M.S. in Nutrition and a verification statement of program completion. They are then eligible to take the National Registration Examination for Registered Dietitians/Nutritionists (RD/RDN).
The program offers a choice of concentrations with separate match codes, Entrepreneurial Nutrition Practice (code 418) or Community and Public Health Nutrition (code 134). Students can apply to one or both of the concentrations.
Interested? Learn more about the Dietetic Internship Application process.
Dietetic Internship Open Houses
- In-Person Open House
Monday, January 7, 2019 | 1:00-4:00 p.m.
- FNCE Student Internship Fair, Washington DC
- Virtual Open Houses
(pre-registration is required)
- Friday, September 7, 2018 | 1:00-3:00 p.m.
- Friday, October 12, 2018 | 1:00-3:00 p.m.
Where Our DI Grads Are
- ShopRite in-store and corporate
- Albert Einstein College of Medicine
Clinical Nutrition Manager
- Hunterdon Medical Center
- Overlook Hospital
- Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital – Somerset
Long Term Care
- Alaris Health
- Crane's Mill
- Franciscan Oaks
Product Development & Regulatory
School Food Service
- Maschio's Food Services Inc.
Developmental Disorders Clinical Care
- Matheny Medical and Educational Center
- Hunterdon Developmental Center
Food Service Director or Manager
- Bergen Regional Medical Center
- Saint Joseph's Regional Medical Center
- Interfaith Food Pantry
- Community Food Bank of NJ
Medical Nutrition Therapy
- Community Medical Center
- Morristown Medical Center
- Trinitas Regional Medical Center
- Davita, multiple locations
- Fresenius, multiple locations
Outpatient Nutrition Counseling and Private Practice