It is the academic advisor's responsibility to:
- Be knowledgeable about CSE's policies and program requirements and academic regulations.
- Assist the student with understanding degree requirements and the proper sequencing and selection of courses. This includes being knowledgeable about general education requirements, developmental courses and any published changes in requirements.
- Assist the student with determining practical and manageable academic loads.
- Assist the student with monitoring academic progress.
- Document approved exceptions to the student's academic program.
- Assist the student with considering areas of enrichment appropriate to abilities and goals.
- Assist the student with linking programs of study to relevant career opportunities.
- Act, when appropriate, as a referral agent to other college personnel and services.