Apply for the Annual Heritage Award
The Heritage Award is a research grant for students to use and to contribute to the Center for Catholic Women's History at the College of Saint Elizabeth. Ordinarily the grant is given to current and previous students of CSE. However, other applicants are also welcome.
The Award is $1,000 and is disbursed in two payments. The goal of the Award is to encourage students to learn more about the lives of Catholic women.
- The application process is competitive. Current students at the College are encouraged to fill out their applications with the help of a faculty member.
- Applications are reviewed by the Advisory Committee for the Center for Catholic Women's History. The grant recipient will be announced in April, and she will have a year to work on her project.
- The recipient of the Award must present a completed project at a Heritage Celebration, an event that takes place each April.
What Kinds of Projects Can Be Done?
All projects that help us learn more about the lives of Catholic women in New Jersey are encouraged. Applicants may want to write a paper, create a video, prepare an article for publication, or develop an educational program.
The Committee urges applicants to think broadly and creatively. Successful applications, however, will show how a selected project uses appropriate research and resources.
Who Can Tell Me More About the Heritage Award?
- Dr. Erin L. Biviano – (973) 290-4329
- Sister Mary Ellen Gleason – (973) 290-4241
- Dr. Anne M. Langan – (973) 290-4155
- Debra Martin – (973) 290-4208
- Carole G. Rogers – (973) 455-0485
- Dr. Margaret Roman – (973) 290-4313
- Dr. George Sirgiovanni – (973) 290-4305