Advertising an Event
You are finally done planning your event. The DJ has been booked, food has been ordered and all the forms have been filled out through the Office of Student Engagement. Now, how do you get people to show up to your event? On this page, you can find various resources to get the word out. You can direct your ad campaign to target just students or to the entire College community.
- You: Word of mouth is the best way to inform people of your event, so make sure to tell your friends and classmates what an exciting event your student organization has planned.
- Posters and Flyers: An easy and inexpensive way to get the word out about your event to a mass audience. Please review the CSE Posting Policy before you post.
- Desktop Advertising: This medium will use the desktop space on a computer in the lab to provide advertising for on-campus events based on students interests.
- Potty Post: Published weekly by the Student Government Association, the Potty Post lists upcoming events. Please email SGA@cse.edu for more information.
- Video Bulletin Board Announcements (channel 3): Seen on the public TV monitors across campus, as well as, in the Residence Halls, this is a great way to advertise an upcoming event to the CSE community. Please complete the Video Bulletin Board Announcement form and return it to Media Services.
Please note: the form must be received by Media Services 10 days prior to the event.
- Email lists: Students are encouraged to use group email lists to let their fellow students know about upcoming events.
- The Station: The Station is a newspaper published by CSE students. To get ad rates and other information please email TheStation@cse.edu.
- Academic departments: Contact the academic department administrator should your event have a corresponding interest with that department.
Please note all club and organization publicity is subject to CSE's publicity policy, which can be found in the Student Handbook.