Prospective Students - What to Bring
Essential Items for Students Living on Campus
You will need the following items as soon as you arrive. We recommend that you bring them with you or have them shipped so that they are here when you arrive.
- Some cash in U.S. currency ($100 - $150). Travelers' checks are recommended for security, but are not necessary.
- Bathrobe, slippers, personal items and toiletries.
- Appropriate clothing:
- Sneakers or other comfortable shoes for class.
- Summer-shorts and light pants, short sleeved shirts.
- Winter-pants, sweaters, winter coat. You could purchase this in the U.S. if packing or shipping such items is not possible.
- Single size bed sheets, a blanket, a pillow, and towels (we will lend all of these to you for the first few nights if you plan to buy them here).
- Snack food. Depending on when you arrive, you may get hungry before the dining hall is open.
- Alarm clock – to help you wake up on time for class.
- You could purchase any of these in the U.S. if packing or shipping such items is not possible.
The following are not essential, but you may want to consider bringing some of these with you (or you can buy them when you get here, or do without them):
- Decorations for your room – pictures, posters, rugs, etc. No screws or nails allowed
- Umbrella or rain gear
- Clothes hangers
- Small waste basket
- Laundry bag
- Cold medicine, allergy medicine, aspirin, etc.
- Small kitchen items (eating utensils, plates, cups, small cooking pot or pan). Dining services are available, but these kitchen items can be used in dormitory kitchenettes.
- Academic supplies (dictionary, notebooks, tape, books, calculator, etc.)
- Your own laptop or computer (there is free internet access in dorm rooms; the College also has free computer labs)
- Traditional clothing, only if you would like to wear this at International Night, an annual College event in the spring.
You may also purchase any of these in local shops after you arrive.
If you do ship some of your things ahead, please send them to the following address:
c/o International and Multicultural Affairs
College of Saint Elizabeth
Saint Joseph Hall
2 Convent Road
Morristown, NJ 07960-6989