Orientation Information for Families & Friends
Welcome family and friends to the College of Saint Elizabeth! We are so excited your daughter made the decision to join our community; a decision I'm sure she made with the love and the support of the wonderful people in her life.
Orientation is a very important event for your daughter. It is a time where she will get to know the people who will travel with her along her college journey. She will start to look at CSE as her home away from home and set the foundation for life-long friendships.
We also realize orientation is a significant day for you as well. We know you are feeling a lot of emotions; happy, nervous and maybe even a little sad. We want you to know that our faculty, staff and students are here to support you in any way we can.
To ease some of those jitters, below are some details and tips to help you prepare for the Orientation Program:
- Orientation Check-in: Check-in will occur from 9am to 12:15pm. Everyone must check-in at the Gymnasium in Saint Joseph Hall (do not go immediately to the Residence Halls). Student Services such as the Business Office, Financial Aid, and Health Services will be on hand in the Gym if you have any questions or need to finalize any paperwork.
- Families of Resident Students: Please try to come to campus during the early hours of check-in so you have enough time to go through the check-in process and move-in before the official Welcome by the College President. After check-in you may drive over to the Residence Halls and move into your room. There will be plenty of people on hand to help you.
- Families of Commuter Students: After you complete the check-in process, you may tour the campus, visit the bookstore, lounges and gardens. There is also a special session just for Commuters at 12:00noon in Cafe Jose in Saint Joseph Hall.
- All Families: Whether your daughter is a new Resident or Commuter, don't forget to grab lunch in Rose Dining Hall. Lunch will be served until 12:45pm.
- Parent Orientation: After the Welcome by the College President, your daughter will go off with her Orientation Team to enjoy some exciting activities. While she is away, we invite you to join us in Dolan Performance Hall in the Annunciation Center for a session designed just for you. You will hear from some of the College's Key Administrators and you will have the opportunity to ask questions.
- New Beginnings Family Blessing: You and your daughter will be reunited in Holy Family Chapel for a special ecumenical blessing at 5:00pm. This special CSE tradition helps to mark the beginning of your daughter's journey. All are welcome!
- Family and Friends Depart Campus: All family and friends will be asked to leave campus following the Blessing. Your daughter will be heading over to Rose Dining Room to eat dinner with her team. This is really an important point in the Program, since it will help your daughter make new friends and bond with her fellow teammates.
- Days of Orientation: Click here to see the full Orientation Schedule. We invite you to follow along as your daughter experiences all the wonderful sessions we have planned for her. However, we ask that you try and not call her during a time when she should be in a session. We know it is difficult, but the more your daughter engages in our Orientation Program the easier her transition to the College will be. At the end of Orientation, make sure to ask her about the creation of her time capsule, the cruise around Manhattan and the final luncheon.
- Final Tips: Don't stress if you don't get everything moved into the room during the first day. Feel free to come back on the weekend and finish moving your daughter into her room. Also, family members are welcome at the Welcome Back BBQ on Sunday evening, August 26th at 4:00pm - 5:45pm.