Secretary EOF Department
Type: Full Time Staff
The Secretary is responsible for the clerical duties of the EOF office. The Secretary is responsible for a variety of activities that support and enhance program development. This person must be able to work with a diverse population, work independently, is creative, relational, and mature.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Organize all correspondence to the Commission on Higher Education, faculty, students and administrators, including expenditure reports, summer assessment reports and supplementary rosters.
- Provide clerical support to entire professional staff.
- Maintain essential records and files including confidential student records.
- Maintain and update student records, rosters, progress reports, and applications.
- Supervise work-study students including arranging their schedules, observe their performance and submitting time sheets.
- Manage the busy flow of students, and act as liaison between students and staff.
- Produce the department newsletter.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Participate with various committees on campus.
- Must possess a high school diploma or course work toward an Associate Degree or Certificate of completion in office procedures or demonstrated effort toward pursuing an undergraduate degree.
- Must possess strong organizational skills; proficiency with MS Word, Excel, Publisher, and Outlook; the ability to handle multiple tasks; and experience with a diverse student population.
- Must maintain a professional appearance, attitude and manner.
- Must be able to handle confidential records and documents.
- Strong computer software skills, including experience with a student information system.
- The ability to work independently on multiple tasks with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Proficiency in Power Campus, Microsoft Excel, Word and Power Point preferred.
- Good communication skills, and the ability to be flexible and adapt to different environments
How to Apply
Send cover letter, resume and three reference contacts to firstname.lastname@example.org.
No phone calls accepted. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
The College of Saint Elizabeth is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.