Type: Part Time Staff
This position is responsible for providing evening and weekend coverage in the residence halls under the direction of the Director of Residence Life. In this capacity, they provide emergency response, supervision of the Community Assistants (CAs) and oversight of the Residence Hall programming. This is a live-in (non-exempt) position.
- Responds to residential emergencies in rotational evening and weekend duty (maintenance, building security issues, student emergencies) and responds to campus emergencies as requested.
- Supervises CAs and oversees Residence Life Committee responsibilities including Residence Life staff events, committee meetings, conducting individual meetings with community members, CAs and Committee events.
- Attends all staff meetings and meetings with the Director and Assistant Director of Residence Life.
- Assists with general housing operations, completes hall maintenance, safety checks, room inspections of the residence hall throughout duty rotation, and reports any outstanding issues.
- Assists with special assignments from the Director, Assistant Director, and VP of Student Life.
- Provides non-academic advising for students during evening hours
- Remains highly visible to students, staff, and administration throughout the week including outside set duty on evenings/weekends. High visibility includes being active and out in the halls and around campus.
- Attends and is highly visible at departmental programs.
- Provides departmental representation for campus events (external from Residence Life), activities, open houses, and special functions.
- Provides additional support at evening Student Life events and activities (Rathskellers, athletic events, campus overnights, Fall Fest, Midnight Madness, College Christmas party, Late Night Breakfast, etc.). This may include acting as a primary responder in incidents that may occur at these activities.
- Assist with the training and development of the CA staff by being present throughout CA Training.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree required
- 1-3 years' experience in Residence Life or equivalent life experience preferred.
How to Apply
Please submit cover letter, resume, three references and salary requirements to email@example.com.
No phone calls will be accepted. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
The College of Saint Elizabeth is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.