Instructional Technology & Media Specialist
Type: Full Time Staff
Integrating the core values of respect, integrity, compassion, justice, and service, the Media Technology Support Specialist is responsible for supporting faculty and students in their use of media technology and for administering instructional technology hardware and software systems as required under the direction of the Director of Instructional Technology. Other duties will include training end-users in the operation of media technology assets, and documenting work, issues, and inventory. The position entails some flexibility to accommodate evening and weekend work.
Directly supervises student Lab Aides and campus computer labs. By the nature of the position, exercises indirect supervision of end users in the use, development and care of classroom and distance related information technology systems around the campus. Serve as member of several campus computing committees, as requested.
- Assemble multimedia materials (online tutorials, demos) for training, support, and services in areas of online education.
- Design, develop, and maintain multimedia materials (such as instructional videos, podcasts, interactive tutorials, and graphics) for online courses in collaboration with instructors and other members of the course development team.
- Provide videography and editing services.
- Run quality assurance for all multimedia content in online courses under construction.
- Serve as a resource to instructors as they develop and deliver their online courses.
- Supervise multimedia student workers, when necessary, as they engage in multimedia development activities.
- Respond to all requests for assistance with technology-related problems by providing remote and/or in-person support.
- Consult with faculty and students on best practices in the use of computing, communication, and audio-visual technologies that support teaching and learning.
- Provide one-to-one informal training and workshops for technology users.
- Develop short courses and presentations for a larger audience and offer training classes and workshops for general use of available College technology.
- Troubleshoot and resolve technology hardware and software issues.
- Identify recurring problems and recommend hardware/software/training corrective measures.
- Assist in maintaining a support function reference library and local documentation.
- Assist in maintaining records of technology assets, problems, and solutions.
- Maintain confidentiality in all interactions with people and information.
- Backup to Director, Web Services for creating and implementing Digital signs around campus
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent level of training and experience required.
- Two years instructional technology support experience required.
- Strong software knowledge including Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office required.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality required.
- Ability to work independently and in teams in a demand-based, service oriented setting required.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and communication skills, fluency in both verbal and written English required.
- Experience with Moodle is a plus.
- Experience with video production preferred.
- Experience with video and photo editing software preferred.
- Macintosh, tablet, and smartphone, audio-visual support experience desired.
How to Apply
Please submit cover letter, resume, three references and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org
No phone calls will be accepted. Review of Applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
The College of Saint Elizabeth is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.