Director of Residence Life
Type: Full Time Staff
This is an exempt, 12-month, live-in position requiring some evening, weekend and on-call hours.
- Oversees all Residence Life departmental operations including but not limited to: staffing, staff training, departmental operating budget, liaison for facilities management/maintenance, programming, fire code regulations/fire drills/weekly inspections, ID systems (Temp IDs), housing assignments/room changes, and collaborating with Conference and Events staff to house interns and other rental groups.
- Hires, trains and supervises one full-time Assistant Director of Residence Life, four part-time Resident Coordinators, 11 Community Assistants, Alternate Community Assistants and Office Assistants. Director organizes, facilitates, and implements fall and spring Resident Coordinator and Community Assistant training programs.
- Oversees all Residence Life Committee projects – C.A. Selection, Room Selection, Reception Supervision, Residence Hall Council, Judicial Board and Community Assistant Mentor Program.
- Develops, enforces and upholds all residence hall policies and procedures.
- Assists with the bi-annual revision of the Student Handbook.
- Serves as chief judicial officer for the institution, adjudicating and sanctioning code of conduct violations, and/or assigning cases to the student judicial board for adjudication as deemed appropriate.
- Advises or make referrals for students voicing personal, academic and career concerns.
- Conducts monthly staff meetings and one-on-one meetings with the Assistant Director, Resident Coordinators, and CAs.
- Provides emergency response for entire residential community and fulfills the responsibilities of a Title IX Investigator and as a Building Marshal during emergency evacuation procedures.
- Serves on various committees such as: Administrative Council, Advocate Training Committee, Calendar Committee, Student Life Committee, Student Consult Committee, Emergency Response Team, IT Governance Committee, Utilities, Hazmat, and Safety Response Team.
- Maintains residence life presence on CSE website and Eagles Connect pages.
- Assesses student satisfaction and programming within the department and submits annual report analyzing results to supervisor.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Master's Degree in Student Personnel Services or related field with 1-3 years' related experience.
How to Apply
Please submit your cover letter, resume, salary expectations and three professional references to email@example.com
Applications missing any of these components will not be considered. Phone calls will not be accepted. Review of complete applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
The College of Saint Elizabeth is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.