Type: Full Time Staff
The College of Saint Elizabeth is seeking a Financial Controller. The Controller oversees accounting, budgeting, student billing and collections, payroll, and cash management. The Controller, reports directly to the Vice President of Finance and Administration and interacts with the Cabinet, directors, managers and College community as needed.
- Maintain accounting records and internal audit controls.
- Prepare Financial Statements and supporting documents.
- Manage audits of financial statements, pension plan, and federal and state student aid statements.
- Manage, jointly with the Vice President of Finance and Administration, the operating budget and reforecasts.
- Review and prepare the analysis of student enrollment vs budget and related revenues.
- Manage Accounting, Student Billing, Collections, and Payroll.
- Monitor and maintain cash flow requirements.
- Oversee the investment activity of the endowments.
- Serve on various committees including Finance Committee and Budget Committee.
- Masters’ Degree in Accounting, Business Administration or Finance with a minimum of seven years of experience. CPA preferred.
- Experience in higher education finance and management required.
- Familiarity with general FASB requirements and GAAP accounting processes required.
- Three or more years of experience in a supervisory capacity required.
- Strong leadership and human relationship skills required.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills required.
- Technical skills and familiarity with data processing systems and procedures (i.e., Ellucian, Great Plains, and Power Campus), personal computer programs and applications required.
How to Apply
Applications should consist of a cover letter, resume, official transcripts, proof of certifications, and three references with email addresses and telephone numbers. Applications and expressions of interest, which will be treated in confidence, should be sent electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org or to:
Vice President of Finance and Administration
College of Saint Elizabeth
2 Convent Road, Santa Rita Hall, 4th Floor
Morristown, NJ 07960
The College of Saint Elizabeth is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.