Assistant Professor - Foods and Nutrition Program
Type: Full Time Faculty
The Foods and Nutrition Program at the College of Saint Elizabeth invites applications for a faculty position in nutrition at the level of Assistant or Associate Professor to begin January 2018.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Teaching in an online graduate program in nutrition, undergraduate program and/or in an ACEND-accredited dietetics program;
- Supervising community nutrition education hours for dietetic interns;
- Developing a focused area of scholarship;
- Supervising graduate student capstone research projects;
- Assisting in program development and evaluation;
- Participating in departmental and college activities; and,
- Participating in community service.
The Foods and Nutrition Program is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Education in Nutrition and Dietetics (ACEND) and offers two undergraduate sequences (Nutrition and Dietetics; General Studies in Foods and Nutrition); a combined M.S. in Nutrition/accredited Dietetic Internship program; and an online M.S. in Nutrition.
- Doctoral degree in nutrition, or in a closely related discipline with a related area of expertise.
- RD/RDN status is preferred; CHES credential will be considered.
- Applicants must demonstrate the ability to teach a variety of undergraduate and graduate courses in a Foods and Nutrition program.
- Applicants must also demonstrate a record of online teaching, and potential for scholarly work in the discipline.
- A commitment to working successfully with a diverse student population and to integrating experiential learning, especially in the areas of public health and community nutrition, is highly desired.
How to Apply
Applications should consist of a cover letter, resume, official transcripts, proof of certifications, and three references with email addresses and telephone numbers.
Applications and expressions of interest, which will be treated in confidence, should be sent electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org
Review of applications will continue until the position is filled.
The College of Saint Elizabeth is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer encouraging applications from individuals with disabilities, minorities, females, and veterans.