Assistant Professor, Chemistry
Type: Full Time Faculty
The Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry at the College of Saint Elizabeth in Morristown, NJ is seeking applications for a nine-month position at the Assistant Professor level to begin in the fall of 2018.
- Teaching undergraduate courses in Biochemistry and Organic Chemistry lecture and laboratory
- Serving on program and college committees
- Academic advising of students
- Egage students in research projects as part of their scholarly activities
- Teach courses in biochemistry, organic chemistry, and introductory and upper level courses, as well as general education courses as necessary to meet the needs of the program.
- Candidates must have a strong commitment to teaching at the undergraduate level.
- Minimum of a Ph.D. in biochemistry or organic chemistry from an accredited institution of higher education
- Ability to mentor undergraduate level research is necessary.
- Undergraduate level teaching experience and evidence of scholarly productivity
- Experience in innovative classroom pedagogy, including but not limited to active learning and inquiry-based teaching, and online or hybrid courses
- The ability to teach to diverse populations is preferred
How to Apply
Applicants should submit cover letter, describing their experiences relevant to the position, curriculum vitae, statement of teaching philosophy, brief statement of research plans, and contact information for at least three professional references to email@example.com or mail to:
College of Saint Elizabeth
Attn: Dr. Anthony Santamaria
Dean, School of Arts and Sciences
2 Convent Road
Morristown, NJ 07960
Deadline for applications is March 1, 2018. Position will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
No phone calls will be accepted. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
The College of Saint Elizabeth is an equal opportunity employer.