Lost and Found Policy and Procedure
Turn lost items in as soon as possible to:
- If found in the residence hall, submit items to the Residence Life Office located on the Ground Floor in Founders Hall
- If found in a non-residence area, submit items to the Security office in Henderson Hall room 24 or to the Security Officer at the Security Booth
- Unclaimed and /or unidentifiable property will be logged in the lost and found log book and held by the Residence Life Office and/or Security for one week. If the lost item includes any identifying information, Residence Life and/or Security will attempt to contact the owner directly
- Items of value such as wallets, purses, keys, jewelry, and electronic devices will be immediately forwarded to the Vice President for Student Life and the Dean of Students Office located in Saint Joseph Hall
- Unclaimed items will be forwarded to the Security Office located on the lower level of Henderson Hall. Unclaimed ID’s such as driver’s licenses or state ID’s will be mailed to the designated address after one week
- To attempt to ensure lost items are returned to the rightful owners, persons claiming items will be asked to describe the items and provide identification. Claimants will have to sign for items they claim before the items will be released to them.
- Prior to the start of each academic year, items in Lost and Found will be discarded and/or donated to a local charity
A current list of Lost and Found items can be found in the Google applications under the Sites heading, Lost and Found.
The College of Saint Elizabeth and Securitas Security Services are not responsible for Lost and Found items that are not logged into the Lost and Found log book.