Ananya loves to travel. The international student from Bangladesh used this passion to become the first ambassador from CSE in the Yes We Must Coalition (YWMC) Student Exchange Program with Bethune-Cookman University (B-CU) in Daytona Beach, Fla.
Read Ananya's Story
The mission of the Computer Software Engineering Program is to strive for excellence in engaged teaching and learning by promoting the development of mathematical and computer competence and by fostering the ability to apply mathematics and computer technology to related fields. The Program will seek to emphasize the provision of educational opportunities to underrepresented and under-served students in STEM fields. It will endeavor to furnish all of its students with specialized skills and knowledge in the field of computer software engineering that will complement the broad knowledge base and transferable skills afforded to them through the College's Liberal Arts tradition.
1. Acquire knowledge, skills and a high level of competence in computer software engineering
2. Develop the ability to analyze a computer software engineering problem and be able to apply computer software engineering principles, theory and current technologies in designing an appropriate solution with the understanding of professional, ethical, security, and social issues and responsibilities
3. Demonstrate the ability to clearly and effectively communicate ideas and solutions in computer software engineering with a range of audiences
1. Small classes and caring faculty with real-world experiences
2. Flexible curriculum to suit student’s need
3. Internship opportunities
"CSE was amazing. As a 17-year-old who had never been in the U.S., I was welcomed by my classmates and the professors. They gave me opportunities to expand my world beyond campus."
– Meghna Samant, '00
Henderson Hall 214
Henderson Hall 212B