The College of Saint Elizabeth utilizes the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) to determine a student's financial aid package based on the Expected Family Contribution (EFC).
- CSE school code is 002600.
- The FAFSA must be completed after January 1st of each year.
- Financial Aid Programs include a variety of sources such as federal and state grants, scholarships, institutional funds and federal direct student loans.
If you have any questions, please contact the Office of Financial Aid at 973-290-4445 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Financial Aid Eligibility Requirements
- U.S. citizen or eligible non-citizen.
- Valid social security number.
- If male, 18-25 years old, registered with the Selective Service.
- High school diploma, GED, or pass an exam approved by the US Department of Education.
- Enrolled as a regular student (*half-time, for student loans) in an eligible program, which leads to a degree or certificate of at least one year or more.
- No drug conviction that occurred while receiving federal student aid.
- Not owe a refund on a federal grant or be in default on a federal student loan.
- Must demonstrate financial need (except for unsubsidized Direct Stafford Loans).
How to Get Started
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) at www.fafsa.ed.gov
- First time FAFSA filers must first apply for a PIN. For a Federal Pin, visit www.pin.ed.gov.
- Download and complete the Continuing Education Supplemental Form. Completed form may be faxed to 973-290-4421 or scanned and emailed to email@example.com.
- Complete a Master Promissory Note (MPN) and Entrance Loan Counseling at www.studentloans.gov
- Select "Complete Master Promissory Note [MPN]"
- Select "Subsidized/Unsubsidized"
(Direct Subsidized or Direct Unsubsidized Loans available to eligible undergraduate or graduate/professional students. Students must be signed in with their own Federal Student Aid PIN.)
What to Expect
- Once the College receives an electronic version of your completed FAFSA, you may be selected in a process called verification and as a result, additional documents will be required. (Additional documents may consist of federal tax transcripts for the prior year, a verification worksheet, W-2's, other untaxed income information, etc.)
- Once you have been accepted to the institution, the Financial Aid Office will prepare a financial aid award package customized for you. This award package will indicate the various types of aid (institutional, federal, state, loans and work-study) which you may be eligible to receive. You must reapply for financial aid (FAFSA) each year while you are in school.
- Your Financial Aid Team at CSE will be delighted to assist you throughout the entire process. Please do not hesitate to contact us by phone at 973-290-4445 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.