Lena (pictured: top right) received the Outstanding Dietetics Student Award from the New Jersey Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics (NJAND). This prestigious award is only given to one student, enrolled in a didactic program, in the state of New Jersey who demonstrates impressive leadership qualities.
Read Lena's Story
The Foods and Nutrition program offers a solid foundation in science and the liberal arts, and approaches the food and nutritional needs of individuals in a holistic manner. Our courses of study emphasize evidence-based practices, ethical leadership, social responsibility, service to the community and lifelong learning. The program offers a B.S. in Foods and Nutrition; an online M.S. in Nutrition, a combined B.S./M.S. in Nutrition, a combined M.S. in Nutrition/Dietetic Internship Program, and a Certificate in Sports Nutrition and Wellness.
1. Foods and Nutrition is a growth industry with higher than average job growth expected (Bureau of Labor Statistics)
2. The Nutrition and Dietetics Concentration is one of only three accredited B.S. Didactic Programs in Dietetics in New Jersey
3. Opportunities for further specialization through double majoring and/or minoring in Personal Fitness Training
1. Allows students who are interested in the route to become a Registered Dietitian to earn both the B.S. and M.S. in an accelerated format.
2. Students also earn the Didactic Program in Dietetics Verification Statement.
3. Most of the graduate program coursework is completed online.
Perfect for students with a degree in the field who want to enroll in the DPD
1. Online courses, with some electives offered as accelerated weekend courses
2. Incorporates new research, technology and real-life applications
3. Prepares students for a careers in the health care industry, public health and wellness, education, dietetics and the food industry.
1. Focuses on ecological public health strategies
2. Enables students to plan and implement regional public health programs
3. Brings a global perspective to the field
1. Develop strategies to design and implement health intervention programs
2. Focus on alleviating problems of obesity and weight control
3. Promotes skills needed in nutrition counseling and private practice
1. Benefit to CSE students who meet the criteria that allows for pre-select admission to the MS/DI Program (1/2 of the students applying to dietetics internships nationally are not matched)
2. Alleviates additional stress, cost and anxiety of applying to internships through the national match
3. Coursework towards the Master's is completed online
"I'm really grateful for CSE because it's gotten me involved in so many service opportunities. Coming here made me realize that I need to help others. I honestly feel that if those who have more would share, the world would be totally different."
– Julia Davidson, '18
Henderson Hall 154
Director of Graduate Program
Henderson Hall 155
Director, Dietetic Internship
Henderson Hall 146A
Henderson Hall 146B
Director of Undergraduate Program
Henderson Hall 152
Henderson Hall 146B
Henderson Hall 153