Interlibrary Loan: Article Request Form
Guide to Interlibrary Loan (ILL)
- Interlibrary loan is a free service through which CSE students, faculty and staff can borrow materials not owned by Mahoney Library. Before placing an article request, check Mahoney Library's Online & Print Journals List to be certain that CSE does not have the periodical, with appropriate date and volume, that you need.
- Please allow up to 2-4 weeks for delivery.
- You may request a maximum of 5 articles a day.
- On the form below, please fill in all required fields, and as many other fields as you can so that your request can be processed. The library barcode is the 14-digit code on the reverse side of your college ID-card. Though not required, providing an accurate ISSN number may considerably speed up the request. Each journal published worldwide has a unique International Standard Serial Number (ISSN) which serves to identify the journal.
- When your journal article arrives, you will be notified by phone of its arrival. The journal article you receive is yours to keep. Please notify the ILL department at 973-290-4240 with any questions or if you wish to cancel your request for any reason.
NOTICE: WARNING CONCERNING COPYRIGHT RESTRICTIONS. The copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) governs the making of photocopies or other reproductions of copyrighted material. Under certain conditions specified in the law, libraries and archives are authorized to furnish a copy or reproduction. One of these specific conditions is that the photocopy or reproduction is not to be “used for any purpose than private study, scholarship, or research.” If a user makes a request for, or later uses a photocopy or reproduction for purposes in excess of “fair use”, that user may be liable for copyright infringement. This institution reserves the right to refuse to accept a copying order if, in its judgment, fulfillment of the order would involve a violation of the copyright law.