Requests - Interlibrary Borrowing: Book Request Form
Guide to Interlibrary Loan (ILL)
- Interlibrary loan is a free service through which CSE students, faculty, and staff can borrow materials not owned by Mahoney Library. Before placing a book request, check the CoolCat Catalog to be certain that neither CSE nor Fairleigh Dickinson University has the book.
- Reference works, Ebooks, some government documents, current best sellers, textbooks, recently published books, original copies of theses, archival materials, and rare books are usually NOT available for interlibrary loan.
- Please allow up to 2-4 weeks for delivery.
- You may borrow a maximum of 10 items.
- On the form below, please fill in all required fields, and as many other fields as you can, so that your request can be processed. The library barcode is the 14-digit code on the reverse side of your college ID-card. Though not required, providing an accurate ISBN number for the book can speed up the request. Each book published worldwide has a unique International Standard Book Number (ISBN) which serves to identify the book.
- When your book arrives, you will be notified by phone of its arrival. Please notify the ILL department at 973-290-4240 with any questions or if you wish to cancel your request for any reason.
- Failure to return ILL books by the due date will result in fines from the Mahoney Library and the lending library. All borrowers, faculty, staff and students, must pay fines to clear records.