- Search nearly 3,000 journals in nursing and allied health. Contains full text for approximately 600 journals, though additional full text may be available in other databases.
- Search nearly 17 million records covering medical literature from 1948-Present. Some full text. Public version available via National Library of Medicine.
Other Relevant Databases
- Science Direct
Full text access to hundreds of scholarly nursing and medical journals.
- Journals @ Ovid
Full text access to 18 peer-reviewed journals covering nursing administration, nursing education, and nursing research. Includes American Journal of Nursing. Also includes full text back issues for 50+ medical journals.
- ProQuest Research Library: Health & Medicine
This subset of the ProQuest Research Library database includes journals that cover nursing, allied health, medicine, and pharmacology.
- Google Scholar
Google's Scholar search can be useful for identifying relevant articles, though the full text may not be readily available. Use Online & Print Journals to determine if we have access to a particular journal.
- Health Source: Nursing/Academic Edition (Ebsco)
Over 400 full text, peer-reviewed journals in nursing and medicine.
- Lexis Nexis Academic
Newspapers and trade magazines covering health and medical care, and the legal aspects of medicine.
- Physical Education Index (ProQuest)
Abstracts to sports medicine, health education and physical therapy journal articles.
- PubMed Central
Free digital archive to biomedical and life sciences research from the U.S. National Institutes of Health.
- BioMed Central
198 peer-reviewed, open access journals in biomedical literature. Free registration required.
- ProQuest Dissertations & Theses
Over 1 million downloadable full text dissertations and theses, covering a wide range of graduate research topics, including nursing.
APA Style (Mahoney Library)
APA Manual (REF 808 A639e 2010)
Guide to Electronic References (REF 808 A639e 2007)
Books on nursing, health and medicine have call numbers in the 610-619 range. Reference books are on the main floor in the Reference Room. All other nursing books are on the upper floor, left side.