About the Library
Get to Know Mahoney
The library is both a physical place and a 24/7 digital toolkit. The building houses the Library, the Conklin Academic Success Center, Accessibility Services, and the College Archives. The Reference room of the library occupies the main floor along with the Academic Success Center. On the main floor you'll find the circulation desk, the research help desk, our collections of encyclopedias and print periodicals. The upper level is where the book collection, rare book room, and college archives all live.
Digitally, the website connects you to over 100 specialized research databases, with millions of full text peer-reviewed articles, ready to use.
- Over 110,000 physical books
- 450+ periodical subscriptions
- 100+ online databases offering journals, reference materials, and multimedia
- 40,000+ full text periodicals online
- 100,000+ eBooks online
- Research classes given on individual or group basis (by appointment).
- Millions of journal articles
- Online resources available off-campus
- Online catalog (CoolCat) searches CSE and Fairleigh Dickinson University libraries
- Borrow directly from FDU libraries, or get materials via Interlibrary Loan
- 16 computers with Microsoft Office
- 20 Laptop computers available for 2 hour periods (must stay in library)
- Photocopies & scanning ($0.10/page)