The annual Women in the Sciences event provides an opportunity for young women to explore the varied academic options in the fields of science at the College and the career possibilities they might pursue.
The Biology program offers both a B.S. and a B.A. in Biology, as well as a variety of dual degree programs in collaboration with prestigious local institutions. Students take classes in our new labs, work on state-of-the-art instruments, and can join faculty-led research projects. Students with a strong undergraduate record can take advantage of our articulation agreements with Seton Hall University, Rutgers University, AUA College of Medicine and others. County College students enjoy seamless transfers.
1. Coursework includes foundations in Biology, Chemistry, Math and Physics
2. Balanced curriculum with both theory and applications
3. Solid preparation for professional or graduate school programs
1. Coursework in Biology, Microbiology and Cell Biology, with flexible electives
2. Exposure to fundamental biological concepts useful in conjunction with majors in other subjects
1. Partnership with Rutgers University includes specialization in Medical Technology or Cytotechnology
2. Coursework includes three years at CSE before admission to Rutgers
3. Direct involvement and career training in a growing field
1. CSE B.S. in Biology and a M.S. in Physician Assistant with Seton Hall University
2. Specialization is applicable to any branch of medicine
3. Three seats at Seton Hall dedicated to CSE students each year
1. CSE B.S. in Biology / D.P.M. from the New York College of Podiatric Medicine
2. Specialists in diabetic foot care are in great demand, and will continue to be
3. Four seats at the New York College of Podiatric Medicine dedicated to CSE students each year
1. CSE B.S. in Biology / D.P. Saint Joseph College School of Pharmacy
2. Perfect degree for career as pharmacist or pharmaceutical researcher
1. CSE B.S. in Biology / M.D. from the American University of Antigua College of Medicine
2. Five seats in the M.D. program for College of Saint Elizabeth students
Biology students will learn this essential field in a supportive environment with faculty dedicated to the promotion of women in STEM careers. With a combined lecture/lab approach, students are participants in the scientific method and gain valuable research, critical thinking and laboratory skills. With field experience and internship possibilities, our students are prepared to be future leaders.
Our graduates have a strong foundation in biology and excellent laboratory and field experience. Students can take advantage of dual degree tracks with partner institutions or affiliation programs. Graduates have chosen diverse career options that include teaching, scientific writing, and medical, dental and veterinary medicine.
"The support and guidance I receive from the faculty at CSE opened my eyes to my true capabilities and potential. I am able to excel with confidence and success." Read More
Professor Domenico hosted a hands-on workshop for the Science Academy students of Morristown HS. The topics included Gel Electrophoresis: LDH Isoenzyme Characterization and DNA Paternity Testing.