CSE senior Rowan Ghaly (top row, second from right) recently went on the annual service trip to the Dominican Republic, and it was "one of the most profound experiences" of her life.
Read Rowan's Story Here
Stephany Maldonado was accepted into the Summer Undergraduate Research Program in Molecular and Developmental Neurobiology at Robert Wood Johnson Medical School and Rutgers University.
The Psychology department offers undergraduate, master's and doctoral degrees, with specializations in Counseling and Forensic Psychology. Students gain a greater understanding of human behavior, the role of psychology in everyday life, and the importance of social justice within the human condition. Programs feature close professional relationships with professors and a supportive environment.
1. Students design and conduct original research studies and present their findings at local and national conferences.
2. Students attain internships at places like Jersey Battered Women's Service, NJ AIDS Services and Avenel STU.
3. CSE has an on-campus chapter of Psi Chi, the National Honor Society in Psychology.
1. Close, ongoing professional relationships with dedicated faculty.
2. Experienced guidance and support through your research and thesis.
3. Proximity to major metropolitan area, with multiple research sites and institutions.
1. A mental health specialization meets the educational requirements for licensure as a professional counselor in New Jersey.
2. A school counseling specialization meets the educational requirements for certification as a School Counselor in New Jersey.
3. A counseling psychology specialization prepares students to apply for doctoral training in Psychology.
1. Ability to carry transfer credits and select from the breadth of courses at CES.
2. Training includes law and legal aspects of the field.
3. Cohort-based education with a 2 1/2 year timeframe.
With a degree in Psychology, students will understand the breadth and history of the field, and will grasp the complexity of sociocultural diversity. Skills gained through the program are in demand across human services fields.Read More
Graduates of the Psychology program are well trained in empowerment strategies for personal growth and interpersonal dialogues. With a focus on the importance of personal leadership and service to others, our graduates are ready to help humanity through applied attention to the individual.Read More
"CSE gave me so much: great education, great friends and great goals to follow in the years to come. I want to continue with my studies in psychology, and one day earn a doctorate in this field."
Dr. Valerie Scott recently presented the paper "Holocaust Testimony: Ursula Pawel, Survivor of Terezin and Auschwitz" at the 23rd annual College of Saint Elizabeth Holocaust Remembrance Week at CSE's Holocaust Education Resource Center.