Paul J. LaChance, Ph.D.
Title: Associate Professor
Office Building: Annunciation Center
Floor: Upper Level
- THEO 110 Hebrew (First) Testament
- THEO 113 New (Second) Testament
- THEO 221 Fundamental Moral Theology
- THEO 235 Children of Abraham, Sarah and Hagar
- THEO 320 Fundamentals of Christian Faith
- THEO 609 Scriptural Theology
- THEO 615 The Mystery of the Church
- THEO 627 Catholic Moral Theology
- PHIL 205 Survey in the History of Philosophy
- PHIL 213 American Philosophy
- MC 626 Ethical Issues in Human Services Leadership
- Special Topics Course on Intelligence and Doctrine
- PhD, Theology, Boston College
- MA, Theology, Boston College
- MA, Philosophy, Boston College
- BA, Psychology, Merrimack College
- Life and work of Fr. Bernard Lonergan, SJ
- Patristics (early Christian philosophy and theology)
- Topics related to the relationships among psychology and theology
- Philosophical Psychology
- “Reflections on Integration”, The Lonergan Review.(Seton Hall University) Forthcoming.
- “Transcendental Prediction in Boethius’ Signification Theory: The Hebdomadibus in the context of the Perihermeneias commentaries” in Medieval Philosophy and Theology from the Fathers to the Reformation: A Tribute to Stephen F. Brown. E.J. Brill, 2011.
- “Eclipse of God: Voegelin and Lonergan on Constitutive Meaning", Annals of Spiru Hare University. Sociology-Psychology Series 5 (Bucharest, 2010): p. 115-121 & Symposium 16(1) 2009: p. 69-79
- “Value, Active Meaning and the Method of Praxis: Soundings in Lonergan’s Thought” in Theology, Philosophy, and History: Essays in Honor of Robert Doran, Marquette University Press, 2009
- “Theology as Praxis in Augustine’s Confessions: A Community Founded on the Humanity of Christ”, Lonergan Workshop Journal, vol. 20 (2008).
- “The Christian Aeneid: Augustine’s Critique of Pagan Education in the Confessions” in Augustine and World Religions, Lexington Books, 2008.
- “Christ Our Salvation: An Intersection of Christology and Soteriology”, Josephinum Journal of Theology, 12 (1) Winter/Spring, 2005
- “Boethius on Human Freedom”, American Catholic Philosophical Quarterly, 78 (2) Spring, 2004
Bernard Lonergan Research Centers
Psychology and Theology