Dr. Erin Lothes Biviano
Title: Assistant Professor
Office Building: Annunciation Center
Floor: Upper Level
PhD, Theology, Fordham University
MA, Theology, Boston College
AB, Princeton University
Research Postdoctoral Fellowship, Earth Institute, Columbia University, 2007-2010
Graduate Seminar in Catholicism and World Religions
Church: Community of Faith
Catholic Social Thought
Honors Women and Religion
- Worldviews on Fire: Understanding the Inspiration for Congregational Religious Environmentalism
- The Paradox of Christian Sacrifice, New York: Herder and Herder, 2007. Back Cover
- Link to review in Theological Studies
- Wienowicki, L., Smukler, S., Shirley, K., Lothes Biviano, E., Loeffler Pelter, G., King, E., Comita, L., Baptista, S., Alkema, L. “Tools for Enhancing Interdisciplinary Communication,” Sustainability: Science, Practice, & Policy 7:1 2011.
- Guest Editor, special Science and Religion issue of the Union Seminary Quarterly Review, Vol 63: 1, 2, Spring 2011.
- Presenter, "Moving On to Higher Ground: A Response to Sandy," College of Saint Elizabeth, April 2013.
- Presenter, GreenFaith Fellows Webinar, March 18 and May 10, 2013.
- Presenter, Selected Session, “Global Ecology and the Life of the Sacraments,” Catholic Theological Society of America, St. Louis. June 2012.
- Panelist, Annual Meeting of the American Teilhard Association, New York. April 21, 2012. “A Journey of Spiritual Dialogue.”
- Presenter, ENVISION Conference, Caring for the Community of Creation: Climate Change, Environmental Justice, and Prophetic Faith, New York Theological Seminary. June 16-18, 2011. “Lighting the Fire of Motivating Awareness.”
- Presenter,” 17th Annual International Sustainable Development Research Conference. Earth Institute, New York City. May 8-10, 2011. “Effectiveness of Decision-Making and Advocacy for Sustainability among Faith Communities."
- Homilist, Lenten Vespers Series, Corpus Christi Church, New York City. March 27, 2011. “An Invitation to Concelebrate the Sacrament of Co-creation.”
- Panelist, The 18th Session of the UN Commission on Sustainable Development: Exploring the Implications of the Ecological Civilization. United Nations Headquarters, New York City. May 7, 2010.
- Homilist, Earth Day Evensong and Ecology, The Cathedral of Saint John the Divine, New York City. April 25, 2010. "Deep Calls Unto Deep."
- Panelist, Climate and Society Panel: The Ethics of Climate Change. Columbia University, New York. April 15, 2010.
- Convener, Catholic Theological Society of America, Theological Anthropology Session: Bridging Material and Non-Material Aspects of Personhood, Halifax, Nova Scotia. June 5, 2009.
- Presenter, Earth Institute Fellows Symposium. Columbia University, New York, May 7, 2009. “American Religious Environmentalism: The Role of Scientific Literacy and Community.”
- Presenter, Earth Institute Fellows Symposium. Columbia University, New York. November 24, 2008. “How Religious Doctrine and Other Values Motivate Religious Environmentalists.”
- Moderator, Catholic Theological Society of America, Schillebeeckx Special Session. Miami, June 2008.
- Panelist, Renewing Hope Conference, Forum on Religion and Ecology. Yale University, New Haven, February 28-March 1 2008. “Next Steps: Ways Forward.”
- Moderator and Presentor, Catholic Theological Society of America 2007 Convention. Los Angeles, CA, June 7-10, 2007. “Practical Challenges, Shared Responsibilities: The Bishops, the Church, and the Environmental Crisis.”
Professional Associations and Service: