Eighteen students participated in a week of activities that ranged from dissecting sharks to learning computer programming, taking field trips to Gateway National Park for marine biology lessons, to creating and testing biodiesel fuels.
The Biology program offers both a B.S. and a B.A. in Biology, as well as a variety of dual degree programs in collaboration with prestigious local institutions. Students take classes in our new labs, work on state-of-the-art instruments, and can join faculty-led research projects. Students with a strong undergraduate record can take advantage of our articulation agreements with Rutgers University, AUA College of Medicine and others. County College students enjoy seamless transfers.
1. Coursework includes foundations in Biology, Chemistry, Math and Physics
2. Balanced curriculum with both theory and applications
3. Solid preparation for professional or graduate school programs
1. Coursework in Biology, Microbiology and Cell Biology, with flexible electives
2. Exposure to fundamental biological concepts useful in conjunction with majors in other subjects
1. Partnership with Rutgers University includes specialization in Medical Technology or Cytotechnology
2. Coursework includes three years at CSE before admission to Rutgers
3. Direct involvement and career training in a growing field
1. Joint degree conferred by CSE and Rutgers University – School of Health Related Professions after completion of three years at CSE followed by 15 months at Rutgers University.
2. Students have four programs of study to choose from – Cardiac Sonography, Diagnostic Medical Sonography, Vascular Sonography and Nuclear Medicine Technology.
3. A complete description of the programs at Rutgers can be found at http://shrp.rutgers.edu/dept/med_imaging/.
1. CSE B.S. in Biology / M.S. in Physician Assistant from Le Moyne College
2. Three seats in the M.S. program for College of Saint Elizabeth students
1. CSE B.S. in Biology / M.D. from the American University of Antigua College of Medicine
2. Five seats in the M.D. program for College of Saint Elizabeth students
1. CSE B.S. in Biology / D.P. Saint Joseph College School of Pharmacy
2. Perfect degree for career as pharmacist or pharmaceutical researcher
1. CSE B.S. in Biology / D.P.T. from Methodist University
2. Two seats in the D.P.T. program for College of Saint Elizabeth students
1. CSE B.S. in Biology / D.P.M. from the New York College of Podiatric Medicine
2. Specialists in diabetic foot care are in great demand, and will continue to be
3. Four seats at the New York College of Podiatric Medicine dedicated to CSE students each year
"I like science because it explains how everything works at a basic level. I love being in the lab. It is a relaxing atmosphere and CSE has great technology-based equipment."
– Divya Thakur, '16
Henderson Hall 112C
Professor of Biology
Henderson Hall 112B
Henderson Hall 112D
Henderson Hall 214