Jordan Simmons was recruited to play basketball on the first men's basketball team at CSE. Academics figured into his choice of CSE as well. He earned some college-level credits from Florida State College at Jacksonville during his senior year. He is studying biology and is seriously considering becoming a pharmacist.
Read Jordan's Story
The Biology program offers both a B.S. and a B.A. in Biology, as well as a variety of dual degree programs in collaboration with prestigious local institutions. Students take classes in our new labs, work on state-of-the-art instruments, and can join faculty-led research projects. Students with a strong undergraduate record can take advantage of our articulation agreements with Rutgers University, AUA College of Medicine and others. County College students enjoy seamless transfers.
1. Coursework includes foundations in Biology, Chemistry, Math and Physics
2. Balanced curriculum with both theory and applications
3. Solid preparation for professional or graduate school programs
1. Coursework in Biology, Microbiology and Cell Biology, with flexible electives
2. Exposure to fundamental biological concepts useful in conjunction with majors in other subjects
1. Partnership with Rutgers University includes specialization in Medical Technology or Cytotechnology
2. Coursework includes three years at CSE before admission to Rutgers
3. Direct involvement and career training in a growing field
1. Joint degree conferred by CSE and Rutgers University – School of Health Related Professions after completion of three years at CSE followed by 15 months at Rutgers University.
2. Students have four programs of study to choose from – Cardiac Sonography, Diagnostic Medical Sonography, Vascular Sonography and Nuclear Medicine Technology.
3. A complete description of the programs at Rutgers can be found at http://shrp.rutgers.edu/dept/med_imaging/.
1. CSE B.S. in Biology / M.S. in Physician Assistant from Le Moyne College
2. Three seats in the M.S. program for College of Saint Elizabeth students
1. CSE B.S. in Biology / M.D. from the American University of Antigua College of Medicine
2. Five seats in the M.D. program for College of Saint Elizabeth students
1. CSE B.S. in Biology / D.P. Saint Joseph College School of Pharmacy
2. Perfect degree for career as pharmacist or pharmaceutical researcher
1. CSE B.S. in Biology / D.P.T. or D.O.T. from Methodist University
2. Two seats in both the D.P.T. and D.O.T. programs for College of Saint Elizabeth students
1. CSE B.S. in Biology / D.P.M. from the New York College of Podiatric Medicine
2. Specialists in diabetic foot care are in great demand, and will continue to be
3. Four seats at the New York College of Podiatric Medicine dedicated to CSE students each year
"The best part of this experience is giving tours and watching the people get excited when the alpacas interact with them. But, I think, in general what gives me the greatest pleasure is spending time with these beautiful animals and learning about them, and from them."
– Shiann Hernandez, '18, on volunteering at Highland Airs Alpaca Ranch in Hackettstown, N.J.
Henderson Hall 112C
Professor of Biology
Henderson Hall 112B