We will build on our strong history of highly engaged academic programs focused on making women full members of society by assuring that our programs meet the current and future needs of the community. This will be accomplished by:
- Developing a five-year plan for introducing high quality, innovative new programs;
- Increasing the number of programs offered through new pedagogies including online and hybrid;
- Creating faculty development to support engaged pedagogy and scholarship;
- Establishing a robust program of internal review;
- Developing an innovative model for adult learning; and
- Investing in opportunities for women to lead;
- Improving freshmen to sophomore retention rates;
- Ensuring educational offerings are complemented by workforce training and appropriate job skills.
Affordability and Value
We will fulfill our Catholic traditions and support Catholic Social Teaching specifically maintaining focus on being in solidarity with the poor and meeting the needs of the communities in which our various constituencies live and work. This will be accomplished by:
- Increasing student engagement with alumni and friends;
- Creating a college-wide learning community committed to living in a diverse, global society;
- Assuring that the total cost of attendance will be at or below the 50th percentile of the private comparison institutions in New Jersey;
- Developing a completion incentive program for undergraduate students who begin enrolling in 2016 based on the student meeting pre-determined requirements; and
- Increasing the endowment by 5 million dollars.
Recruitment and Retention
We will reach out to new and emerging markets to enroll students of promise and provide a strong support system to maximize their success. This will be accomplished by:
- Increasing international recruiting;
- Creating a plan to maximize enrollment of highly qualified students from traditionally underrepresented populations; and
- Enhancing student support services to achieve four and six-year graduation rates above the national average.
Branding and Marketing
We will focus on telling the College's story of making higher education available to individuals who have not traditionally had access to college. As we continue to grow and change, we will enhance the story to include plans for the College of Saint Elizabeth of the future. This will be accomplished by:
- Establishing a distinctive brand;
- Demonstrating, marketing and messaging the value of a CSE education using an integrated, multi-channel approach;
- Developing a plan to assess communication reach, message understanding and market growth;
- Completing assessment of the coed education and university status and implementing the results of the assessment; and
- Advancing a communication plan for all constituencies reflective of core values of: Integrity, social responsibility, leadership and excellence in teaching and learning.
Physical Plant Improvements
We will provide high quality living and learning spaces that support a robust academic and social life for our students. This will be accomplished by:
- Creating a learning commons;
- Improving residence halls;
- Planning for a new student center;
- Initiating academic learning space improvements; and
- Assuring ADA compliance in Santa Maria.